Monday, October 31, 2022

The Times Need to Change

 



It's time for a change.


With the way the times are, we are living in a different world. Over the last 20 years, our culture has really changed. As a nation, we need to get our priorities straight. Things like inflation, the economy, protecting a woman's right to choose, climate change, immigration, gun control, our military, senior citizens and more are things to take care of. But to me, our children are the most important thing. No one is thinking about the future of our nation and our world. It begins with our children. Period.


I just don't know about this world we live in today. The world I grew up in 50 years ago has gone. It's just a memory. Change is good. People should embrace change. This country is definitely changing. But from what I've seen, especially over these last few years, people are only willing to accept change if it fits what they want. That's not good. It's time to shake things up. It's going to take non-politicians to go to Washington and represent the people to change things.


This is a primary reason I'm running for U.S. Congress in Missouri's 4th Congressional District.


I'm not your regular politician. I have no political experience. I just want everyone to come together. That's what it's going to take to make this country great again. I define myself as a liberal conservative. Most people don't know what that is. Growing up in a red district, a conservative area I call home, I have deep conservative roots. However, at the same time, I'm very liberal and open minded. Even though I have many conservative values from living in this district, my 35 years of experience in the entertainment industry has opened my mind to liberal values. This combination of both sides serves me well in representing our people.


Another thing that has to change is money in politics. In our world, it's all about the money. Times are hard. Harder than ever. People need to keep their money and use it to help themselves and their families. This is one reason I'm basically running a self funded campaign. I'm actually encouraging people not to donate if they can't afford it. Who does that? There's so many politicians who don't care about their people. They care about serving the ones who back them financially. This is how it's been for years. This has to change.


Even though I'm not related to President Harry Truman, I agree with what he said, “The Buck Stops Here”. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have asked me if I'm related to President Truman. I'm not. I am from his hometown of Lamar, for what that's worth.


There's so many issues that need to be tackled. With how the times are, I can think of so many things that need to be done in our country, that if I talked about an issue every day, a different issue could be covered until Election Day. Focus needs to be made on certain things. The most important thing in our world is our children. They are our future. Their health and safety needs to come before anything. Online education needs to be embraced. Another major thing is childhood obesity. It's an epidemic. It's also child abuse. It's up to us to make a start protecting our children.


Other major topics that need to be addressed include inflation and the economy, protecting a woman's right to choose, gun control, climate change, immigration, protecting our senior citizens and honoring our military. It's going to take everyone working together in Washington and putting partisan politics aside to figure out what we need to do.


The times need to change. And it begins with shaking up Washington with regular people who are not politicians.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Times Need to Change

  It's time for a change. With the way the times are, we are living in a different world. Over the last 20 years, our culture has really...